Welcome to dobson_survivor! This is a community to discuss Dr. James Dobson and Focus on the Family. While everyone is welcome, this community is decidedly "anti-Dobson", so you probably won't feel comfortable here if you're a big fan of the man. If you've come to troll or preach, leave now and save me the trouble of banning you.
This community is primarily for three types of posts:
1) Personal stories, information, or perspectives on Dr. Dobson and Focus on the Family. 2) Discussion questions or topics. 3) Articles about Dobson/FotF.
1) If your post is long (more than half the screen) please post the majority behind an lj-cut. Leave a paragraph or two outside the cut so we know what you're talking about. :)
2) This is a safe place for survivors of child abuse and domestic violence. ABSOLUTELY NO SURVIVOR/VICTIM BLAMING WILL BE TOLERATED. Yes, "If you weren't such a bad kid you wouldn't have been spanked." counts as victim blaming and will get your ass banned.
3) While I write from the perspective a liberal Christian, people of all faiths (or none at all) are welcome here. Please leave the preaching, proselytizing, and of course denominational bashing outside.
4) If your post contains potentially triggering language (discussion of sexual abuse, child abuse, domestic violence, etc.), please post behind a cut and label it. Err on the side of caution if you aren't sure, or email me.
Remember, be respectful! Different perspectives are important, and discussion is encouraged, but flaming, hateful speech, and trolling ARE NOT ALLOWED.